Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 171 - Happy Birthday, Kate


Dearest Kay Kay,

I wont post a picture of you due to the request your mama made several years ago, but this post is 100% dedicated to you.

How in the world is today your 6th birthday? What happened to that promise we made when you were only 2? I've held up my end with only a few minor slips, but it's quite obvious that you grew up on me. You went from that tiny ball of energy to an absolutely beautiful little lady. I can honestly say that it has been my greatest pleasure to be a part of your life.

We have so many great memories, most of which I highly doubt you remember, but just trust me, they're great.

In ways you can't possibly understand we've grown up together. While you took your first steps I was stepping into high school. When you were learning how bad it hurts to scrape your knee, I was learning how bad it hurt to let a boy walk all over you. Now, you're about to take on kindergarten, and while I have not a single doubt in my mind that you'll take it by storm, I'm about to take that same step, but instead of kindergarten, it's college, and it's scary, very scary.

I love how we have the same taste in music. I love how much of an individual you are. I love how you say what you think. I love how simple things excite you. I love how you let nothing stand in your way.

I love you, Kate, I have for 6 years. You're like the little sister that I never got.
I hope that your birthday was fantastic, I cant wait to see what this year brings for you.

Love,
Emmie

No comments:

Post a Comment