Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 61 - Lego


It's something as simple as a Lego, and a picture meant to symbolize nothing more then "Spring... hurry up!"

Lately I've been doing some deep thinking, well, deeper then I normally do.
Thinking about growing up and ultimately leaving the idea of childhood behind.
I thought it was time to move on and separate myself from my old ways.

I was wrong.
While that may be what I want right now, it isn't what I need.
My world has been shaken in many ways this past month.
Innocence is, in a sense, the only thing I have left, and what I have isn't much.

I don't think with the mind of a child. I don't act like one either.

I don't trust people, I see all of the pain and suffering in the world.
This world isn't the happy place I grew up in.
When I was young, my world was perfect. Simply a giant play ground.
Now I see it's filled with war, starving children, and broken families.

While my mind is far beyond the innocent view I once had, a lot that I do isn't.

Here are the ways that I am innocent:
I own a pink box of Legos.
I wear hair bows on a close to daily basis.
I have a pillow pet.
Coloring is my favorite way to relieve stress.
I sing into a hair brush when no one is home.
Anything glittery can distract me for ever.
I have Superman pajama pants.

It's not much, but they make me who I am and I'll hold on to my little pieces of childhood as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment